Hello guys and welcome again to my blog! Are you curious how you can make money online? The only way you can make money online is you need to sell something, but how? The answer is a blog.
A blog can work hand-in-hand to help you make money online. Here’s a brief overview of how a blog can help you sell your online products.
Blog as a Marketing Tool
Statistics show that:
- Business that blog get 67 percent more leads than those that don’t.
- Marketers who prioritize blogging are 13 times more likely to see positive ROI or Return of Investment
- Companies that blog see 97 percent more links to their website.
While you won’t make money directly off writing blog posts, the practice does boost overall profit by driving more traffic or people visiting to your blog. Blogging more blog post means there are more ways for people to enter your blog. With more links back to your content, a greater database of keywords, and continuously updated content, you’ll also see higher search engine rankings, which will drive even more traffic to your blog to improve your chances of converting leads and making sales.
Aside from traffic generation, blogging also helps you to attract the right customer. Through helpful articles aimed at solving your ideal customer’s needs, you’ll bring in the type of people who are most likely to buy from you. The more you get noticed and build your authority through blogging, the more trust people will have in your site, and the more they’ll buy from you. Blogs are among the top five trusted sources online, giving you a chance to build relationships with long-time customers and build your brand.
The key to using a blog as a marketing tool is context. This is what draws the line between content and commerce. You want to choose topics that appeal to your target audience but can also be linked back to your product offerings.
Social medias is one of the great direct source to look for potential customers. Whos not using facebook, twitter, linkIn and google plus? Majority of people around the world uses them, why not use them to attract more people visiting your blog to collect potential leads and customer.
Every Marketing experts will tell you that email lists is another valuable marketing tools today. Base from my long experience as a blogger email list is another way to attract leads to your blog. The stats show that:
- You’re six times more likely to get a click-through from email than from a tweet.
- Email is 40 times more effective in acquiring new customers than social media.
- Email marketing drives more conversions than search and social.
But how do you attract people to your email list? It all starts when you launch your blog. When you attract people to your content and they want more from you, they’ll sign up for your email list. It’s particularly helpful to offer a lead magnet, or a gift, to new subscribers. For example, you might offer a discount off their first purchase or a free gift when they sign up for your newsletter.
Once you have them on your mailing list, you can share deals, discounts, and more from your shop that you think will interest them. It gives you a direct line of communication to the people most interested in your products. And it works.
Offer Your Products as a Solution to Readers’ Problems
Blogging is not a direct sales platform. It is about offering useful information to your readers to build a relationship with them. However, you can organically mention and link to your products if it applies to the content. It’s not unusual to see calls-to-action in the last paragraph of a blog post offering your products as a solution. The key is to work with it in a way that comes across as useful, not as a sales pitch. Here are three ideas on how to incorporate this strategy.
1. Include a call to action. Let’s say you sell yoga products and videos. You could write a post on yoga poses for flexibility. At the end, you could mention using a yoga strap help you ease into the poses if you have tense muscles or are recovering from an injury. (Make sure to link to your yoga strap.) Your product is not the focus of the article, but it is mentioned as a solution to your readers’ problems.
2. Write a product roundup post. Here, you’ll mention several of your own products to drive people to your sales pages. But again, it has to be useful to the reader. For example, an online clothing retailer might write about “10 Trendy New Fashions Coming This Spring.” A few of their products will make the list, but it’s more about educating their readers and making useful fashion suggestions than trying to sell to them.
3. Highlight how to use your products. These posts can be in a tutorial format, which would work well if you’re selling phones or computers, for example, but it’s not limited to that. A clothing retailer, for instance, could write a post on five different ways to wear scarves, using one of their products as an example.
You don’t have to use this technique in every blog post Again, your blog is about building a relationship. Focus on that first and then on sales. The sales will come as you show your customers you care.
Tell Stories With Your Products
A great way to drive web traffic and sales is to use real-life stories to highlight what your products can do. The blog posts would focus on solving problem and offer useful tips and advice for people who wants to solve their problems. However, each post would mention some of the products.
The same could be done for retailers selling culinary products, in which they’d highlight a cook’s experiences in the kitchen using the products on their site. A company selling smartphones could have a team member blog about the camera tricks they used while on a recent snowboarding trip. A cosmetics company could blog about different customers’ experiences with their products.
Notice how all these examples tell a real story coming from a real person all while keeping the conversation on the company’s products. This helps create a more personal connection with your readers, and ideally it will provide them with tips and advice they can apply to their own lives.
Again, not every blog post you write has to follow this story-telling format. Consider using this tactic as a blogging segment with a set time frame for featuring each story. If you can tell a story in multiple blog posts, it encourages readers to come back for more.
Dont Have Your Own Product?
Dont worry i have the solution for you
Monetize with CPC or CPM Ads
One of the most common ways bloggers make money is through placing ads on their site. There are two popular types of ads:
- CPC/PPC Ads: Cost per click (also called pay per click) ads are usually banners that you place in your content or sidebar. Each time a reader clicks on the ad, you are paid for that click.
- CPM Ads: CPM Ads, or “cost per 1,000 impressions,” are ads that pay you a fixed amount of money based on how many people view your ad.
Perhaps the most popular network for placing these types of ads is Google AdSense. With this program, you do not need to be in direct contact with advertisers; you simply place the banner on your site, Google chooses ads relevant to your content, and your viewers click on the ads. There are countless similar programs available if you find that AdSense doesn’t work for you, such as Chitika, Infolinks, and Media.net.
Sell Private Ads
Working with advertising networks isn’t your only option when it comes to selling ads. If you end up with enough traffic, advertisers may come directly to you and ask you to place their ad on your site. You can also contact advertisers yourself. The biggest difference from the above mentioned option is that there is no middle man, which means you can set your own ad rates.
Selling private ads can come in the form of banners, buttons, or links. You can even make money writing sponsored posts where you write about or give a review of an advertiser’s product or service. Another option is to write an underwritten post or series, which is where you can write about any topic, but the advertiser pays for a “Brought to you by” mention in the content.
The ways you make money with this can vary. For instance, you might charge a one-time fee for a link within a post. If you are hosting banner ads, you might charge your partner monthly.
Include Affiliate Links in Your Content
Affiliate marketing is also another great tool for monetizing your blog. Here is how:
- An advertiser has a product she wants to sell. She agrees to give you a commission from each sale if the buyer is coming from your site.
- She gives you a unique link that tracks your affiliate code. That way, she knows when a buyer used your link to make a purchase.
- You include your affiliate link on your site. You can do this directly in the content or through banner ads. If a reader clicks on your unique link and buys the product you have recommended, you earn a percentage of what she purchased.
You can utilize affiliate marketing through ad networks like Amazon Associates, or you can create private partnerships with advertisers and businesses with an affiliate program.
With these ideas in mind, you can already your own business online. Now, are you ready to get starting selling online? Then the first step is to set up your blog. And the best blogging platform is WordPress. If you know how to set it up then good. But if you dont know how to setup a wordpress blog then there is a solution for that. Click this link to learn more how i will assist you.
Thank you for reading. If you have thoughts about this post, you can leave a comment below and i will be happy giving you my reply. Again thank you and god bless!